Amaryllis

Amaryllis
Relax

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bra-A-Week Challenge #1: Bluebird Blue Beauty

I'm back and I've got lots to share.  I've been busy learning a new skill, bra-making.  I took two Craftsy classes over the summer and boy do I have the bra-making bug.  I've made so many bras that I've lost count.  I've joined the already in progress 2015 Bra-A-Week Challenge. So you'll be seeing a new bra each week until I either run out of fabric or ideas.

Today I'm showing off my first entry in the 2015 Bra-A-Week Challenge.  
It's a Pin-up Girls Shelley pattern from Bra-makers Supply in Bluebird Blue Duoplex
with white powernet, white findings, and a fun white floral stretch lace.
JensWare Bra
Pin-up Girls Bluebird Blue Shelley Bra
This bra is a real beauty.  The blue and white combination works.
JensWare Bra
JensWare Bluebird Blue Beauty


I just love this stretch lace, with its white hearts and flowers outlined in blue.  

I decorate the back band with lace when I have enough to spare.
JensWare Bra
Right Back Band
TIP:  Sew two rows of stay-stitching along the frame bottom.
 Clip to, but not through, the top row of stitching every 1/4" along the curve.  
This makes sewing the curve more like sewing a straight line.
JensWare Bra
Bottom Band Stay-Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment