Amaryllis

Amaryllis
Relax

Monday, June 27, 2011

Lurking Beneath the UFOs

Hidden from view, haunting me from the depths of the bottom drawer, always lingering in my mind, the Bikini.   A  complete and total FAILURE.  Fabric wasted, time gone, and nothing to wear.  I was devastated.   I swore off sewing swimwear forever, proclaiming to all within earshot, “I will never make another swimsuit again.” 

I remember picking the cutest fabric available in the clearance aisle and thinking, what I nice suit it would make.  Oh, how I wanted to wear my new bikini, but nothing about it was right.  Crinkling cups, breaking threads, plastic underwire poking through, and a stretching bridge that could one day span Tampa Bay.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

Everything was wrong.  I used the wrong needle, the wrong stitch, the wrong stabilizer, the wrong lining, and the wrong underwire. 

SEE WHAT'S LURKING BENEATH THE UFOS 


No comments:

Post a Comment