Amaryllis

Amaryllis
Relax

Friday, February 19, 2016

Still Playing with Shelley

Yes, I'm still playing with my Shelley pattern from Pin-up Girls.  Frankly, it's the only pattern that has a great fit for me.  Let's have a look at the beautiful lace from Bra-makers Supply.  I've already got it cut and mounted on ivory powernet.

Lace
Back of Upper Cups and Back Band
Front of Upper Cups and Back Band

I've been tweaking the bra frame and band to get that narrow no band look because a super narrow frame and band means no band rollover.  


Bottom Band
Bottom Band Sewn Approx. 3/8" from Wire Line
Bottom Band
An Inside Look at the Bottom Band before Thinning
Thin Band
Thinned Bra Frame and Band



It looks like I could shave another 1/8" from the frame and get a partial band look.






  Look.  No band rollover.  Beautifully mirrored pink and ivory floral stretch lace.
Thin Band Shelley
Thin Band and Mirrored Stretch Lace

If you're thinking something looks wonky, well, you're right.  Something is wonky, it's me.  The left side of my body is different than the right and it is shifted upward at least 1/2".  Because of this asymmetry, I make two different sized upper cups. In my case, mirrored lace will never be perfectly mirrored.  To make the best of the situation, I choose to focus on the neckline edge and making sure it is mirrored as closely as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment