Amaryllis

Amaryllis
Relax

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tweaking my Shelley


I haven't been as unproductive as my lack of January posts would suggest.  Holy cow, I've been busy mending, tweaking, sewing, and quilting.  Let's talk tweaking.  First, I added a pink glissenette mesh lining to the upper cup to reinforce and protect the stretch lace from finger poke through.  Then instead of using a 3/8" strip of duoplex as an upper cup stabilizer, I used a piece of 3/8" plush back elastic.
Glissenette Lining
3/8" Plush Back Elastic and Pink Glissenette Lining


Next, I thinned both the right and left bands to the narrowest possible width allowable.
Thin Right Front Band
Thinning the Right Front Band
Thin Left Front Band
Thinning the Left Front Band
Here is the finished thinned front band.
Thin Band
Finished Thinned Front Band
Here are the tweaked glistening upper cups. 
Pink Glissenette Lined Cups
Pink Glissenette Lined Upper Cups
Now you can't poke a finger through or see through the stretch lace.








No comments:

Post a Comment